Journal of Contemporary Agriculture and Bioscience
Characteristics of sheep breeders and the contribution of the concept of livestock integration to the income of sheep in Secanggang District, Langkat Regency
Received: 20 September, 2022 II Accepted: 18 October, 2022 I Published: 01 November, 2022 || Volume 1, Number 1 || Page: 16-19
A b s t r a c t
The long-term objective of the study is to determine the extent to which the characteristics of sheep breeders and the contribution of livestock integration to the income of sheep breeders in Secanggang District, Langkat Regency. The specific target in this study is to see the characteristics of sheep breeders and the contribution of livestock integration to income. The integration of livestock and plants is one of the livestock cultivation activities, which is the application of an integrated business between plant commodities and livestock (sheep) commodities that utilize agricultural potential as livestock integration, both in the form of livestock waste and agricultural production activities such as picking their own agricultural products. The concept of livestock and crop integration that is often applied by sheep breeders in Secanggang District, Kab. Langkat is the concept of sheep farming with food crop cultivation. From this livestock and crop integration activity, farmers will get additional income from both the sheep farming business and the food crop business. Organic matter that can increase soil fertility. Therefore, it is necessary to research how big the contribution of this concept of livestock integration to the income of the sheep farmer family is. Not all sheep breeders apply the concept of integration, there are also sheep breeders who choose only sheep farming. So it is necessary to analyze the characteristics of breeders such as those who apply the concept of integration of livestock with plants.
Keywords: Langkat regency, livestock and crop integration and Income generating.
Copyright information: Copyright © 2022 Author(s) retain the copyright of this article. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
How to cite: Kurniawan, M.A., Pradana, T.G., Siswoyo, P., Rusdi, A. and Putra, A. 2022. Characteristics of sheep breeders and the contribution of the concept of livestock integration to the income of sheep in Secanggang District, Langkat Regency. Journal of Contemporary Agriculture and Bioscience, 1(1), 16-19.
- Agunggunanto EY. Analisis kemiskinan dan pendapatan keluarga nelayan kasus di Kecamatan Wedung Kabupaten Demak, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia. Jurnal Dinamika Ekonomi Pembangunan. 2011; 1(1): 50-58.
- Ali, U., Sumartono dan H. Nurul. 2012. Pembinaan Masyarakat Tani Peternakan Kambing dan Domba di Desa Sumbersekar, Kecamatan Dau, Kabupaten Malang. J. Dedikasi. Vol 09 (03), 60-66.
- Badan Pusat Ststistik Kabupaten Langkat., 2020., Kecamatan Secanggang dalam angka tahun 2020, Langkat, sumatera Utara, Indonesia.
- Bangun S.I., 2005. Analisis Sistem Pertanian Terpadu Tanaman dan Ternak Sebagai Model Pertanian Berkelanjutan di Kabupaten Karo (Studi Kasus di Kecamatan Simpang Empat). Tesis, Sekolah Pascasarjana Universitas Sumatera Utara, Medan.
- Ilham, N., Saptana, B. Winarso, H. Supriadi, Supadi dan Y.H. Saputra. 2014. Kajian Pengembangan Sistem Pertanian Terintegrasi Tanaman Ternak. BPPP,
- Salikin, K.A. 2003. Sistem Pertanian Berkelanjutan. Kanisius, Yogyakarta
- Schilling and Sullivan 2014., Characteristics of New Jersey Agritourism Farms., Journal of Food Distribution Research Volume 45 Issue 2 : 161-173.
- Schilling, B., W. Attavanich, and Y. Jin. 2014. “Does agritourism enhance farm profitability?” Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 39(1):69-87
- Soedjana, T.D. 2007. Sistem usaha tani terintegrasi tanaman ternak sebagai respons petani terhadap faktor risiko. Pusat Penelitian dan Pengembangan Peternakan, Bogor.
Article View: 413 times